Followers

Thanks for stopping by!

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 19, 2011

Pink

Yesterday I was strolling down Park Ave in Winter Park when I noticed a flamingo. . .



Intrigued, I followed the path and was amazed to find myself in the presence of hundreds of plastic pink flamingos, each barring the name of a woman who has either won or lost her battle with breast cancer.
It was so sad and so beautiful. Winter Park has been "pinked out" since the beginning of  September because this is national breast cancer awareness month! This also explains the pink lids on my yogurt.



I was not reduced to tears, but I felt so inspired and I felt blessed that no one in my family has had to fight that beast, I don't live in fear of it but I am aware that it could happen to me. I've known brave women who have fought it, some victorious and some taken too soon and my heart goes out to them!

I guess I just wanted to share this because it is important to be aware and be supportive. Breast cancer is the most common form of cancer in women, early detection is key so please be conscious and take care of your self!

XOXO


P.S. I had a SUPER secret photo shoot in the park that I can not yet share with you . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment